Chapter 1 Exercises
- Using a graphics program or one of the free concept mapping or mind mapping tools, create a complete conceptual map of the traffic model introduced earlier in the chapter. You should include all of the other factors you can think of that would contribute either to the increase or decrease in traffic speed that might occur in a real situation.
- Insert another concept mapping example here?
- Read the executive summary of one of the following reports and be prepared to discuss it in class:
- PITAC Report to the President
- Simulation Based Engineering Science Report
- World Technology Evaluations Center
- Choose an example model project in the document Example Models for Discovery and Design linked below as assigned by your instructor. Read through the available material and then write a brief summary of the modeling effort and its characteristics using the summary template provided.
Example Models for Discovery and Design